Outrage

I'm once again late with Friday Five. But I hope to distract you from any feelings of annoyance you may have by pointing out that the dinosaurs in the film Jurassic Park are from the Cretaceous period (65-135 Megayears BCE) rather than the Jurassic Period (135-200 Myears BCE). Well, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Velociraptors and Triceratops are, and if Michael Crichton can't be bothered to do his research, I don't see why I should have to check up on the rest of the dinosaurs in it.

(I haven't read the book, and he may address this in it. If so, I turn my ire instead on the screenwriters who are... Michael Crichton and David Koepp).

(Obviously, it makes sense that the DNA from dinosaurs that survives are from late in the Mesozoic, as close to the K-T boundary as possible, and for that I applaud Mr Crichton. Nevertheless, if we can't take the title of his book as gospel, how are we supposed to take his opinions on global warming seriously?)

Popular Posts