I Read Books: The Rivers of London

When I first read this I gave it a startlingly positive review. Does it still stand up?

Yes, I rather think it does. There’s a little of the shiny newness been knocked off it, and the sequels have closed down some of the potential that it offered. Peter Grant can’t seem to solve a case without a major piece of London infrastructure being wrecked, which bodes poorly for keeping magic quiet.

And all that’s there in this, first one. In fact it’s interesting exactly how the series has stuck fairly strongly to the same formula, acquiring more characters and factions as it goes along, and not really discarding earlier ones.

Having reviewed it previously, mostly blathered on about the rest of the series and seeing no reason to re-review it I’ll stop here.

Comments

Popular Posts