Deep Patrol Liner Notes 13

Brief notes on my story Partial City Protectors, the final story in volume one of my space opera serial, Chronicles of the Deep Patrol.

Liner Notes 13

So here we are at the end of Season One of the Chronicles of the Deep Patrol. Obviously we’ve come full circle, from the figure of Tommy Gunn looking out alone over the expanse of Partial City, to him bringing his crew to rescue other patrollers in defence of the inhabitants. You can consider it a symbolic return, a re-iteration of the theme, or an attempt to highlight the journey we’ve been on.

Or I just wanted to re-use some of my favourite bits, that’s good too.

All of Gunn’s ships – also all of Tammy Gone’s for that matter – come from Rolling Stones lyrics. I forget why I thought this was a good idea. Bell Flight Fourteen comes from their brief flirtation with science fiction, Two Thousand Light years From Home on their psychedelic album Their Satanic Majesties Request.

Apparently no Deep Patrol season would be complete without an appearance from Dr Perky’s Refreshing Beverage. Or so our endorsement department tells me, so enjoy for the last time. Dr Perky’s merch is probably not forthcoming because I hate success.

I thought I might have more to say at the end, but I seem to have said it all already. So I hope you enjoyed the series. It will be available as an e-book to patrons and probably also for sale on the Amazon as paperback and for Kindle next year.



Comments

Popular Posts