I Watch Films: Black Panther

Once upon a time I made the observation that was triter than it was true, that there are only three good Marvel films – Iron Man, Avengers Assemble and your favourite. (There might be four now, there are enough that you can have two favourites I guess). So I enjoyed Black Panther, but it’s not my favourite.

Anyway, the film introduces Wakanda to us, the audience (after making a cameo in Captain America: Civil War) and also to the outside world in the Marvel universe. This is the central struggle of the film; what is Wakanda’s relationship with the outside world? Should they keep themselves to themselves, protecting what they have? Or should they fight on behalf of the oppressed?

This debate is settled in the traditional superhero way – people punching each other.

Watch This: For some afro-futuristic styled superhero action
Don’t Watch This: If punching to resolve arguments is uncompelling.

Comments

Popular Posts