Big Brothers

A friend of mine was going to meet his little[1] sister's boyfriend for the first time yesterday, at the second day of a beer festival. I'm not going to go too much into the reality of this, in case some people who actually know psychology read this and laugh at me, so here are a couple of of possible scenarios I was unable to coherently express on Friday (as I'd been at the first day of the beer festival):

1.
Jim: Who are you, and what are your intentions towards my sister?

Boyfriend: Oh, you're Sam right? [Ruffles Jim's hair] Look, here's a quid. Get yourself a bottle of pop, me and your sister want to spend a bit "quality time" over in the corner, if you know what I mean.

2.
Jim: Who are you, and what are your intentions towards my sister?

Boyfriend: Tell you what, let's discuss it over a pint of Crafty Shag[2].

3.
Jim: Who are you, and what are your intentions towards my sister?

Boyfriend: Hmm, your aggressive introduction sugests to me you have some self image problems, and maybe a bit of an inferiority complex. Tell me, do you have the urge to draw penises everywhere as a way of marking your territory, or do you just run around beating your chest?

[1] Early twenties
[2] This was one of the beers at the festival, and not what you're thinking.

Popular Posts