(Sort Of) Celebrating My Birthday (Again)

I half-heartedly intended to tag my birthday onto the back of a friend's a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really go anywhere with that idea, and as it turns out neither of my +1's could make it. So anyway, I'm doing something for my birthday, and this is the annotated version of the details.


From the email:

According to my calculations my 12th birthday falls on 33rd October this
year[1]. Obviously, this raises some questions. If anyone wants answers, I will be hosting an event to try and find some out on Saturday 1 November. My plan for the day is:

- A brisk walk down to the bay in the PM
- Back for tea and cakes
- Then I'll put in something to roast
- When cooked, we eat it
- Then pop down the pub, or watch a film, or maybe play a game involving trains if Jim insists.

If you want to take part in any or all of these activities let me know. Some accommodation is available. Other than that, all that's needed is a stout pair of shoes, an appetite and an inquiring spirit.

Neil
In all seriousness, this is the sort of plan for an autumn weekend my parents might have come up with 25 years ago, to get me and my brother out the house. Except the end, which would probably have been watching TV.

The mystery roast I hope will be pheasants as we're not into the pheasant season. If I can't find pheasants, and, as is possible, I'm making soup with a friend during the following few days, a chicken or two (depending on numbers) will probably be in order. If neither of those are happening, then I'll be looking for something without bones.

It's not too late for a Hallowe'en themed movie night at the end either. I've previously mentioned the train game in this uninformative post.

[1] That M C Escher calender means I don't know if I'm coming or going. The code for my actual birthday is pretty easy to break.

Comments

Popular Posts