Liner Notes for The Tale Of The Uninterrupted Honeymoon

The liner notes for my story The Tale Of The Uninterrupted Honeymoon, which is the 11th Lacey Lee Detective Extraordinaire story that I am posting this year.

****

The secret origin of Lacey Lee goes as follows: Once upon a time three teenage girls in the fictional town of Little Chantry stumbled on a crime. Something a bit dangerous, quite exciting and not quite age-appropriate. The police and parents ignored them so they solved it themselves.

Sally’s mum didn’t approve, but Lacey and Jenny ran wild, solving a major crime every school year (as well as several minor ones). Then Lacey went to that there London to study criminology, while Jenny went to the local college and became a bio-medical technician. One day Lacey brought her boyfriend home to Little Chantry, got caught up in a double murder case and Jenny and Jack got together. Eventually Lacey forgave them.

All that’s subject to change if I ever feel like writing the fiction.

The honeymoon suite/frigging candy joke is from a twitter pal who got married recently. Congratulations Fox and Raven.

This is actually a fairly simple case to solve, but I’ve handicapped Lacey by making her still drunk and not having slept. That is absolutely the best time to have to deal with a problem, I highly recommend it. This is riffing off a time in my 20s when weddings were a time to meet with friends the night before, which led to me being grossly hungover the morning before. To deal with that I’d then drink vast amounts of water to rehydrate myself, and spend the whole wedding ceremony dying for a pee.

Lacey, older and more sensible, waits for the wedding itself to get sloshed.

This basically ends the Lacey/Jenny storyline that has run through the series this year with one story left to go. You might as well drop out now! I’m out of tricks.

(I have one trick left).

Comments

Popular Posts