365 Poems in 365 Days: Swears and New Year

Number 18. This is based on the creative writing class assignment for this week, but not the piece I intend to hand in. It's about Fresh Starts and New Beginnings, which I'd think was pretty lazy for the New Year if I didn't know the tutor had been sick for the last month and is on fairly heavy duty painkillers. Some of my previous thoughts on this topic can be found here.So with a certain level of irony, here's a poem written as part of a new year's resolution complaining about having to write something on the topic of fresh starts and new beginnings.

This week the assignment from my writing class
Is to write a piece on New Beginnings and Fresh Starts.
I want to write "fuck you" really big and then glare
But I'm not sure how this class responds to swears
And it won't improve my writing even if it is from the heart
Put an X on the page and 
Make a
Fresh
Start

Comments

Popular Posts