Time Travel To The Thirties!

Many of you have asked me how I would perform if I were flung back in time to the Thirties and became a housewife. Until now, I've only been able to answer by giggling nervously and wiping my floury hands on my apron. However the internet is able to answer all questions[citation needed] and today I've found this one, thanks to the 1930's Marital Scale. Just quickly tick the ones that match me... "Flirts with other men at parties or in restaurants" - well who doesn't? "Good sense of humor--jolly and gay" - that's me too! "Has spunk--will defend her ideals and religion" - And again. Right let's see what the result is...

6

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Poor (Failure)

Take the test!



Oh no! I am a terrible 1930's housewife! Of course I'm male which might skew the results a bit. Yeah, it's definitely trying to fulfill an inappropriate (and outdated for that matter) gender role that is tripping me up on this one.

35

As a 1930s husband, I am
Poor

Take the test!


Well damn. Have to stay single until the Forties then.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm Very Poor at both. Oh, well. I wonder if I'd do better at 1830s.
Neil Willcox said…
If there was a quiz from the 1830s, or maybe just one that someone claimed was from the 1830s I would rush to report on it within mere weeks. That would be brilliant.
Anonymous said…
This is giving me Ideas...

Popular Posts