Giant Robots

Last April this was the patron reward on my Patreon website. Now at last, the public an be told about...


Giant Robots

“Every time I come to you with a problem you suggest building giant robots. Every time! Why do you always choose giant robots as a solution?”

Dr Pleasant carefully did not look up at the shield on the wall with the insignia of the Department for Giant Robots. “To be fair, every time you’ve given us resources we’ve given you giant robots Minister.”

The Minister leaned back in his chair which squeaked. “You do deliver. But sometimes I ask myself the question – do giant robots actually solve anything?”

“That is more your question to answer Minister. Yet I would remind you that when the Gigantarachnid emerged from the underworld, it was the mechs of the 2nd Cybertank regiment that defeated the monster.”

“Quite,” said the Minister frowning. “Yet wasn’t it your department’s Drillbot 3000 that released...”

“The financial crisis was resolved when we sold giant robots to Japan to repay our debts.”

“Debts run up in building robots.”

“And of course the giant robot storage problem when the sheer number of robots threatened to block the M60 was solved by simply placing them inside StackDroid XL12.”

The Minister shifted in his chair. “This is all very well. However I think we’re going to go with the plan from the Wall Building Group for this one.”

Dr Pleasant nodded but held up his hand as the Minister started to rise. “I can only respect your decision and thank you for coming to tell me in person. But before you go allow me to show you something.” He hit a button on the remote and the screen lit up.

Introducing the Constructotron Buildbot Series for all your wall building needs!


****

This ridiculous piece of flash fiction has been brought to you by my Patreon. You can read more of my work there, and even subscribe to support me and gain access to exclusive rewards.

Comments

Popular Posts