Martian Mash-ups

What with a (new) film of John Carter of Mars scheduled for early next year and me having had a recent touch of Edgar Rice Burroughs then it's time to recycle his collaborations with Frank Herbert which I previously discussed on another site in 2008:

Muab'dib of the Apes - After his parents are killed, Muab'dib is brought up by desert apes and leads them on a jihad to reclaim his birthright as Lord Atreides.

A Princess of Dune - I'm a bit hazy on this one, but don't confuse it with the film and book The Princess Bride of Dune.

As might be expected everyone remembered The Princess Bride of Dune, especially Paul Duncanson:

"Hello. My name is Paul Muad'Dib Atreides. You killed my father. Prepare to die."


To which I had to respond:

And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comments

Popular Posts