I Read Comics: Stag Town


StagTown

This is a webcomic by M Alice LeGrow, and the site it’s on seems to be picking up a bunch of very good people. How about that? Maybe I should look into why that is. If I were a journalist rather than a guy who writes whatever rubbish I feel like I probably would.

Anyway it’s about Frankie who returns to her spooky town (Stagtown) after college to discover it’s still weird and spooky. In the first story cameras appear all over town. Her paranoid neighbour is badly effected by this and then it gets (by turns) deadly, weird and even creepier.

Apparently she drew the first storyline, Surveillance, in ten days, which explains a few awkwardly composed panels, and the protagonist’s face is a little... I don’t know, roundly blank? Stylised? For my taste. But if you want a free scary comic then go read this.

Read This:
Because you need a cool scary comic
Don’t Read This: If you think comics are for kids, unless you are a kid in which case it’s probably a bit too horrific.

Comments

Popular Posts