Album Cover: Revolver

I've been enjoying the re-souling of Micheal Jackson's Off The Wall album that's been taking place on the Craig Charles Funk and Soul show on Radio Six. In brief, each week he gets guest soul bands to cover a track off the album.

I don't have a radio show, or any musical ability, or lots of bands clamouring for the chance to cover classic albums. I do have access to Youtube. Plans I dismissed:

- Covers that are better than the original
- Covers that are truely terrible

So here's the plan: interesting, or at least not unpleasant covers of every track of a classic album. The Album is Revolver by The Beatles. Here's the track listing:

Side One
1. "Taxman"
2. "Eleanor Rigby"
3. "I'm Only Sleeping"
4. "Love You To"
5. "Here, There and Everywhere"
6. "Yellow Submarine"
7. "She Said She Said"

Side two
1. "Good Day Sunshine"
2. "And Your Bird Can Sing"
3. "For No One"
4. "Doctor Robert"
5. "I Want to Tell You"
6. "Got to Get You into My Life"
7. "Tomorrow Never Knows"


Here's Stevie Ray Vaughn playing Taxman.


(The Beatles play it here)

More Beatles covers tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts