Liner Note 8

The notes for my story Monolithic Society and the attendant piece Simulation.

Liner Notes 8

An alien first contact that goes wrong. I don’t think there’s a more classic space opera plot. Because of this I made Gunn’s approach the second contact. Actually that’s a classic too, the first contact people have got the basic details sorted out so we can get straight into the story we want to tell. I would apologise for leaving the aliens mysterious, but as I say in the story, the thing about aliens is that they’re alien.

Gunn is a bit cautious here, but don’t worry, he’ll find the proper balance between charging in guns blazing and sitting back and thinking things through, by which I mean the proper one for adventure tales.

Liner Notes 8a

I am not a fan of the simulation hypothesis.

Comments

Popular Posts