I Watch Films: Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame

I said at the end of my review of Avengers: Infinity War that to discover the success of that film we’d need to wait for the other part of the duology. Well I have, and it’s an oversized bloated superhero film with lots of cool character moments, mostly about [SPOILERS] saying farewell to Iron Man and Captain America.

I assumed there would be time shenanigans, but I’d thought that Dr Strange had messed with the timestone, and that had led to Captain Marvel getting involved. [MORE SPOILERS] My mistake! The key linking film between Infintity War and Endgame was actually Antman and the Wasp, using quantum whatever to mess with time.

So the film is basically wrapping up from Infinity War [Introduction], taking a look at five years after [Act One], then Time Heist [Act Two], and then final battle [Act Three] followed by a denouement [Denouement].

A lowlight is the whole soulstone thing. Just dumb, and worse we know it’s coming.

A highlight is the raid on Stark Tower during the Chitauri attack going hilariously wrong. Every heist has to go wrong and this, this is great.

Watch This: You’ve seen the other Marvel film, let’s do it, they’re all in it, even the ones who didn’t make it into Infinity War!
Don’t Watch This: It doesn’t begin (because it begins in Infinity War, or maybe Iron Man) it really wants you to have at least moderate knowledge of the earlier films, and how long is it?

This is the last film I watched in 2019. My backlog is under control and perhaps even shrinking slightly, but it is still too long.

Comments

Popular Posts