I Watch Films: The Incredibles 2

The Incredibles 2

I don’t know if I have anything to say about this. After the events of The Incredibles, superheroes are still banned. However a mysterious tech-billionaire brother and sister want to bring them back. They put Elasti-Girl in the field, and she immediately stops attacks by the video-hypnotic Screen-slaver. Also introduced are a bunch of new heroes.

Mr Incredible is left to look after the kids in a combined Dad-learns-to-parent and "Jack-Jack has all kinds of powers and they need to figure that out" comedy sequence. Then things go off the rails and its all hands on deck and the kids have to save the day.

It’s slick and fun, and there’s some cool action sequences. Yet at the end it left me uninspired. It’s The Incredibles 2The Incredibles again. Cool. I’ll probably not watch it again*.

Watch This: For some fun and family-friendly superhero action
Don’t Watch This: If Dad looking after the kids sitcom shenanigans (with superpowers) sounds boring.

* I will probably watch it again with a small child.

Comments

Popular Posts