I Read Stories: Another Damn Cottage

Another Damn Cottage by Tara Campbell

Can you have too many riffs off of Red Riding Hood? I mean, yes, obviously you can. But even when you’re past the peak of a wave of stories, you can still find gems of the sub-sub-genre, glittering in the receding surf of Red Riding Hood retellings.

As such I humbly draw your attention to Another Damn Cottage in which the aftermath of the story is stretched out to encompass more variations. It’s flash fiction so my use of the phrase drawn out gives entirely the wrong impression.

Look, you could have read it in the time it’s taken to make sense of this hot mess of a review I’ve written.

Read This:
Because you want a new Red Riding Hood story (that’s a very old one)
Don’t Read This: Because you don’t want a new Red Riding Hood story

Comments

Popular Posts