I Read Stories: Drowning Songs by M S Dean


Drowning Songs
by M S Dean in Anathema

“During my time in Rowe, I drowned a total of twenty-five times: one on-purpose drowning for every summer solstice that I’d been alive on this God’s graced earth, and a few mostly by-accident drownings done on my own time.”

Adeline’s father was told by god to drown her and he did. She returned and when the townsfolk were going to hang him, there were three miracles. And he kept drowning his daughter and Rowe prospered.

Until Adeline’s father has another dream, of drowning another child, and a hard winter comes for the first time in twenty-one years. And Adeline will have to chose.

Read This: For a dark tale of sacrifice and breaking points
Don’t Read This: One drowning is already too much


 

Popular Posts