I Drink Beer: Adnams Strange Seas and Kobold

Kobold and Strange Seas

This label looks pretty cool

Thanks to Covid I’ve been drinking less beer, but I was recently in Suffolk and took the opportunity to try two Adnams beers, both of which are either new or special or limited or something.

The Kobold is a lager, inspired by the spirit that protected sailors in the North Sea (and is made in association with the Blue Marine Foundation). Still, I would not have picked this as a nautical beer; very bread-and-honey for a lager, very enjoyable.

Spoopy!

Strange Seas
meanwhile is a tropical Pale Ale, and in accordance with the hopping weapons race of pale ales is extremely dry and hoppy. One 330 ml can was fine, more and I might have wanted a drink to go with it. This was made to celebrate ten years of their (not quite so) dry and hoppy Ghost Ship beer, in collaboration with Beavertown. No I don’t know why you’d make a different beer to celebrate 10 years of another, but I got a drink out of it so I can’t complain.

I would recommend trying both if you happen to come across them.

Comments

Popular Posts