Juniper Garlic And Lime Chicken With Tray Baked Vegetables


I'm marinading chicken breasts again! Something of an experiment.

Chicken: 

2 chicken breasts
1 clove of garlic
A dozen dried juniper berries (see later)
A lime
Some of a nice olive oil

Vegetables:

These are the seasonable summer vegetables, due to me banking photos and recipes ahead of time 


Shallots, peeled and sliced longways
Small courgettes sliced longways
Red and yellow peppers cut into strips
Mushrooms cut in half
Some more nice olive oil

Crush the garlic and juniper berries together with some salt in a pestle and mortar. Squeeze in the lime juice and a little oil to make a marinade. Rub over the chicken breasts (slash the thickest section to let it penetrate). Put aside in the fridge for a while.

Turn the oven on to about 180C. We'll need a tray for the vegetables and another for the chicken. When the oven's hot, put the chicken into a tray and pour over any remaining marinade, then put in the oven. A few minutes later (here's where I might prepare the vegetables, but I'd done it in advance here) put the vegetables in a tray and lightly sprinkle with olive oil, then put them in as well. After another ten minutes cooking time turn things over, and generally make sure they aren't sticking. The chicken probably wants close to twenty minutes, maybe a bit longer, cut into it to make sure it's cooked through.


Leave the chicken to rest for a moment, then cut into chunks and serve with a portion of vegetables, salad and bread. Serves three, generously. The chicken could probably have taken more juniper, if I do this again I will update. 

Comments

Popular Posts