I Read/Write/Play Interactive Fiction: VOIDSPACE Issue 4


 
Voidspace 4

Voidspace is a zine for interactive fiction, and issue 4 came out in October (my highlights of Issue 1 are here). I’m in this with a menu-themed Twine game, in which you’re having dinner in a French Bistro, and also have broken time. But enough about me (I talk about it at length here). Here’s some other pieces from it that I’ve been thinking about.

Please Break Up With My Boyfriend by Neva Ensminger-Holland, asks us to follow as a girl tries to break up with her boyfriend. There’s a fidelity to the details as you’re invited to choose how you do it, breaking if you decide to do it the wrong way. The way it didn’t happen.

Where Flap The Tatters by Jonathan Oflert has you as a thief, stealing the greatest treasure of all – knowledge. But too much may tangle you beyond your ability to escape.

A Game For You And I by Christian McDonough, a set of instructions, a game, to be played by yourself, with the page, with the writer, to scream and chant and face consequences.

Service Worker Songbook by Scout Faller has you at work in a grocery store, the off-kilter descriptions highlighting the everyday absurdity of a service job.

Extract From The Gospel Of Persephone by Adora Williams offers a list of collective nouns and a list of situations and people to apply them to. The lists, of course, offer some insight into the scenes being played.

Also much more (including mine). Check it out.

Comments

Popular Posts