Liner Notes 10

A very brief peek behind the scenes of my story A Robot Told Us To Do It and the attendant essay The Deep Patrol.

Liner Notes 10

This month concludes my explanation of the secret history of the Deep Patrol. I wanted a crazy space opera setting to be explored by rough and ready space ranger types who made up answers to their problems as they went along. Having done that, I then attempted to construct a reason for it; oracles that could see a doomed human race trapped in a dark universe that hates them. If the predictions show your fate is terrible then you have to go beyond the possibility space and become unpredictable.

I can only apologise if you don’t like this, and in this case feel free to believe that the Ironheart Entity is wrong. Or lying.

Liner Notes 10a

Having made the Deep Patrol wild and woolly and out of control, here’s how it’s controlled. It’s a decentralised organisation and should probably be considered paramilitary rather than strictly military. Having said that, they have gone to war and I’m fairly sure they will again. Soon.

Comments

Popular Posts